View notifications in Brightspace Pulse
To ensure that you receive up-to-date information, Brightspace Pulse sends push notifications for all new and updated notifications. This removes the need to manually check for notifications. These notifications offer you tips and keep you informed about course-related news, updates, due dates, and grades from Announcements, Grades, and Content in Brightspace Learning Environment.
After logging in for the first time, course notifications do not appear until new updates are created in Brightspace Learning Environment.
Note: You cannot configure the notifications you receive in Brightspace Pulse.
To view notifications, tap the Notifications tab. If there are unread notifications, a red notification dot displays on the Notifications tab.
Note: If you have multiple Brightspace Pulse accounts and there is at least one outstanding notification for any of the accounts, a red notification dot displays on the Menu icon or organization logo in the navigation bar.
The Updates sub-tab displays the following notification types:
- Introductory updates - When you log in to Brightspace Pulse for the first time, introductory notifications appear. Each notification provides a tip on how Brightspace Pulse can keep you notified about the latest grades and Announcements for your courses.
- Created or updated course content - To keep you informed about course content, Brightspace Pulse sends notifications when course content is created or updated in Brightspace Learning Environment. You can view new and updated content associated with a notification, viewing the content directly in Brightspace Pulse. This also applies to content where a due date has been associated with the item. To view the content, tap the update and then tap Open. If there is no file URL available, tap Open in browser, which opens the content in Brightspace Learning Environment.
- Created or updated Course Overview documents - When an instructor adds or updates the Course Overview document in Brightspace Learning Environment, you receive notifications in Brightspace Pulse and the Brightspace Learning Environment minibar.
In Brightspace Learning Environment, you can optionally choose to receive instant notifications via email or text message when the Course Overview document is updated.
- Course announcements - When an instructor wants to communicate changes to course updates, information, and reminders via course announcements, you receive a course announcement in Brightspace Pulse.
- New grades - When an instructor enters grades in a grade book, you receive grade notifications in Brightspace Pulse. View grades in Brightspace Pulse by tapping the update and then swiping left to reveal the grade.