View courses and course content in Brightspace Pulse
From Courses tab in Brightspace Pulse, you can view the courses you are currently enrolled in and access your org homepage in Brightspace Learning Environment. By default, this tab displays when you log in to Brightspace Pulse. From there, you can select a course, where you can access course content and view the course homepage in Brightspace Learning Environment.
When viewing course content in Brightspace Pulse, supported content types include:
- PDF (special features such as password protection are unsupported)
- MP4 video (H.264, AAC)
- DOC, DOCX
- XLS, XLSX
- PPT, PPTX
- MP3 audio
- Brightspace Capture video
Unsupported functionality includes:
- creating or editing course content hierarchy
- pinning and unpinning courses (all enrolled courses display in Brightspace Pulse)
If configured by your administrator, you can view details of your assigned courses on the course tiles that appear in Brightspace Pulse including:
- Course Due Date
- The date the course was completed by the user
- A Complete status indicator when all items in the course are complete
- An Overdue status indicator when items in the course are not complete by the due date
- Course update indicators with links to Assignments, Discussions, and Quizzes
Figure: Details of a learner's assigned course on an enhanced course tile
To display these details, courses must be assigned using Learning Groups, have a due date, and have Course Completion Tracking enabled. Course update indicators do not require courses assigned using Learning Groups.
- Tap the Courses tab. This displays the courses you are currently enrolled in, and a button to access the org homepage in Brightspace Learning Environment.
- Tap a course. The course’s content displays, and a button to access the course homepage in Brightspace Learning Environment.
- From the table of contents, tap a module.
- Tap a topic to view it.
To help learners more easily find their current courses in Brightspace Pulse, learners can pin and unpin courses from the Courses and Course Homepage screens. Pinning a course ensures it remains at the top of the screen for easy access. Pinning or unpinning a course in Brightspace Pulse displays the same pinned or unpinned status in Brightspace Learning Environment.
Note: The Courses screen displays all courses the learner is currently enrolled in, with pinned courses appearing at the top of the list.
- Do one of the following:
- From the Courses screen, tap the ellipses (...) icon in a course tile.
- From the Course Homepage screen, tap the ellipses (...) icon at the top of the screen.
To complete learning activities without an Internet connection, learners can download PDF and MP4 topic files for offline viewing in Brightspace Pulse.
Note the following:
- Downloaded PDF and MP4 topic files can only be viewed in Brightspace Pulse. Although downloaded files use the mobile device's file storage, they cannot be viewed in another app or transferred from the mobile device.
- The limit of downloadable files is determined by the available space on the mobile device.
- For PDF files, there is no support for special PDF features (password protection, printing restrictions, etc.), or support for other document types (DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, HTML, images, etc.).
- For MP4 files, there is no support for streaming video, or other video and audio formats (MP3 audio, etc.).
- In Brightspace Pulse, view a topic file containing a PDF or MP4.
- From the ellipsis (...) menu at the top of the page, tap Make available offline.
- Without an Internet connection, in Brightspace Pulse, navigate back to the table of contents and tap the downloaded topic file, indicated by the Downloaded File icon.
- To remove the topic file from the mobile device, from the ellipsis (...) menu at the top of the page, tap Remove from device.
Tip: To remove all downloaded content files from the mobile device, navigate to the top-level for the course, tap the ellipsis (...) menu, and tap Remove any offline content.