Brightspace Pulse and microservices
Microservices in the Brightspace Cloud
Brightspace Pulse is dependent on the following microservices in the Brightspace Cloud:
- Feed Service - Provides an API for learners' updates to the Announcements, Grades, Content, and Discussions tools
- LMS Discovery Service - Provides a list of schools and organizations so learners don't need to know the specific URL
- Authentication Service - Provides user and service-level authentication and authorization via the OAuth2 protocol
- Landlord Service - Provides each Brightspace instance with a TenantId, a permanent globally unique identifier
- Hypermedia Proxy Service - Acts as a proxy or mediator to learning paths within Brightspace platform
- User Graph Service - Provides an API and caching for information displayed in Brightspace Pulse
- Brightspace Event Flow Service - Provides awareness of Brightspace Learning Environment events for Brightspace Pulse, allowing Brightspace Pulse to send notifications
Brightspace Pulse service in Service Manager
For on-premise clients with D2L admin credentials, the BrightspaceFeedPublisherService in Service Manager is required to send notifications to Brightspace Pulse.
Proxy server support
The Authentication Service supports proxy servers. For on-premise clients using a proxy server, allow outbound traffic from Brightspace Learning Environment to https://auth.brightspace.com.
Important: You must specify the host name (not the IP address) and port 443.