Approve evidence before adding it to a portfolio
To ensure that evidence collected by learners is suitable to add to their portfolios, you can configure Portfolio to allow you to approve evidence before it appears in learner portfolios. From the Settings page in the Portfolio tool, you can specify the methods for adding evidence that require your approval, for example, if learners are using the My Device mode, you can specify that evidence must be approved by you. For more information, see Define Portfolio class settings.
Figure: From the Approval page, the New icon on a piece of newly submitted evidence and a numeric value on a learner name, indicating the number of unapproved pieces of evidence
- Log in to Brightspace Learning Environment.
- From the course selector or course tiles, navigate to your course.
- From the navbar, click Portfolio.
- Click Approve Evidence. By default, all unapproved evidence displays. A New icon appears on newly submitted pieces of evidence, and a numeric value appears on applicable learner names, indicating the number of unapproved pieces of evidence.
Note: The visual indicators are unique to each instructor. Specifically, each instructor sees the visual indicators for new evidence based on their activity or review of the evidence. To mark evidence as viewed (no longer new), approve the new evidence.
- Filter the evidence list by user or new evidence, or browse the list of evidence.
- Next to the evidence tile you want to approve, click Approve to Portfolio. If the evidence isn't suitable to add to the portfolio, click Delete Permanently.
- To navigate back to the main Portfolio page, click Class Portfolios.