Add course outcomes to evidence
In Course Admin, you can map course materials to learning outcomes by importing learning outcomes from the Achievement Standards Network or by manually creating appropriate outcomes. When the learning outcomes are mapped to a course, you can then map learning outcomes you've added to a course to specific Brightspace Portfolio evidence. This allows you to better communicate to parents (using Brightspace for Parents) and learners (using Brightspace Portfolio) how the evidence supports learning. For example, one of the course outcomes for an art class project might be: Apply the creative process to produce a variety of two- and three-dimensional art works, using elements, principles, and techniques of visual arts to communicate feelings and ideas.
Note the following:
- To import standards from the Achievement Standards Network and to copy standard requirements between courses, ensure you have the Manage Outcomes permission at the course offering level.
- Note: The language term used to describe learning outcomes depends on the value set for the d2l.Languages.Terminology.LearningOutcomes configuration variable. For example, the Learning Outcomes tool or the Outcomes tab in an assignment can be labeled as Competencies, Expectations, Objectives, Outcomes, or Standards. By default, the Learning Outcomes tool displays as the Standards tool in the Admin Tools menu.
- Log in to Brightspace Learning Environment.
- Navigate to your course.
- On the navbar, click Course Admin.
- Configure your course to use outcomes coverage. For more information, see the Set Up and Deliver a Course - Instructor Guide.
- From the navbar, click Portfolio.
- Do one of the following:
- If the evidence has been approved, on the Class Portfolios tab, browse to the learner portfolio.
- If the evidence has not been approved, on the Approve Evidence tab, browse to the learner.
- From the evidence tile menu, click the evidence you want to add course outcomes to.
- From the Student & Parent list, under Outcomes, click Add Outcomes.
- From the list, select course outcomes related to the learner's work.
- Click Add.
Figure: Course outcomes added to a learner's evidence