Deploy Brightspace LeaP using Brightspace Learning Environment 10.3 or higher
You must deploy Brightspace LeaP as a remote plugin to use it with Brightspace Learning Environment 10.3 or higher. The remote plugin creates a new external learning tool automatically for every new instance of Brightspace LeaP. This allows you to avoid accidentally deleting a topic when deleting a Brightspace LeaP instance, and creates an independent grade book column for each Brightspace LeaP instance in a course.
You must use a valid, signed SSL certificate when you are connecting to Brightspace LeaP using https.
- Log in to Brightspace Learning Environment as an administrator.
- From the Admin Tools menu, click Remote Plugins.
- Click New Remote Plugin. Create a new remote plugin using the following values:
- From the Plugin Type drop-down list, select Quicklink.
- In the Name field, type a name for the quicklink that will be intuitive to your organization's instructors (for example, LeaP or Brightspace LeaP).
- In the Launch Point URL field, type https://leaplti.desire2learn.com/D2LLink. The server name must be lowercase only.
- Do any of the following:
- In the LTI Key field, type the information that you received with your LTI registration.
- In the LTI Secret field, type the information that you received with your LTI registration.
- If you have configured a system test server, in the System Test URL field, you can enter a URL and click Run Test.
- In the OAuth Signature Method field, specify HMAC-SHA1 as the cryptographic hash function. HMAC-SHA256 is the default value.
- In the Description field, type a description of the Brightspace LeaP plug-in that instructors will see when adding it to their courses.
- In the Icon URL field, enter a path to an icon that instructors will see when adding the Brightspace LeaP plug-in to their courses.
- In the Make available to section, select the organization units that you want the plugin to be available to. If your organization unit is not listed, click Add Org Units, select the org units you want, then click Insert.
- Click Save.