Create and insert a video note in Brightspace Editor
You can use Video Note in a number of places throughout Brightspace, including: Content, Discussions, Activity Feed, and even when grading and providing feedback to learners.
Note: The ability to add video notes is controlled by a permission set by your administrator. If you do not see the Add Video Note option, you do not have the required permission.
From Content, click Upload/Create and select Create a File.
- Click Insert Stuff.
- Click Add Video Note.
- To record your message, click New Recording.
- To finalize your message, click Stop Recording.
- Click Next.
- Enter a Title, Description, and select the Audio Language.
- To generate captions automatically, select Automatically generate captions from audio.
- Click Next.
- Click Insert.
To upload a Video Note or to select an existing Video Note file:
In Brightspace Editor, click Insert Stuff.
- Select Upload File or Choose Existing.
If you select Upload File, do the following:
Click Choose File and select the locally saved file you want to upload.
Note: You can only upload MP4, FLV, F4V, or MOV files that are less than 5.00 MB in size.
Click Next, and enter a title and description.
Click Next, and then Insert.
If you select Choose Existing, do the following:
- Select Video Note Search.
- Enter your search terms in the Search Notes field, then select Search. You can also perform a blank search to see all search results.
- Select the Video Note you want to insert.
- Click Add.