Deactivate or reactivate users
You can make users inactive when you want to block their access to Brightspace Learning Environment, but want to retain their data and associated information for administrative purposes. Deactivating users hides all their data but doesn’t delete or remove their enrollments. When you reactivate users, the system restores all their data in any course offerings/org units they were previously enrolled.
- From the Admin Tools menu, click Users.
- On the Users page, select the users you want to change.
- Do either of the following:
- From the More Actions button, select Deactivate Users.
- From the More Actions button, select Activate Users.