Set up a survey
Create surveys and use the statistics tools to monitor current course trends, seek opinions, and assess user satisfaction.
Surveys are an excellent way to solicit feedback from participants regarding any aspect of a course. You can gather anonymous or non-anonymous opinions and information from users. Unlike Quizzes, survey questions do not have to have right or wrong answers and Likert-style rating questions are possible.
- On the navbar, click Surveys.
- On the Manage Surveys page, click New Survey.
- Enter a Name and define additional settings for your survey.
- To add questions to the survey, do one of the following:
- To add questions directly to the survey, click Add/Edit Questions.
- To share questions between Self Assessments, Quizzes, and Surveys in the Question Library, click Save and Close to exit the survey. On the Manage Surveys page, from the tool navigation, click Question Library.
- In the Question Library or the Add/Edit Questions area of the Surveys tool, click New and select the question type or information item you want to create.
- To return to the Manage Surveys or Edit Survey page, click Done Editing Questions.
- If you've created questions for your survey outside of the survey (for example, in the Question Library), do the following:
- On the Manage Surveys page, click the survey name. Click Add/Edit Questions > Import. To import questions from the Question Library, from the Import Source drop-down list, select From an Existing Collection. From the Source Collection drop-down list, select Question Library. To display all questions available, select Collection Root from the Source Section drop-down list. From the Source Collection area, select the check boxes of the questions you want to import to your survey.
- Click Save.