Add a SCORM or xAPI package to the Content tool
To add a SCORM or xAPI package to the Content tool
If you are using the new SCORM solution, upload SCORM or xAPI packages directly into the Content tool.
- In Content, either create or select a module to include your SCORM or xAPI package in.
- Within your selected module, from the Upload/Create button, select New SCORM Object/xAPI Object.
- In the Add Course Package - SCORM dialog window, do one of the following:
- If you want to upload a new SCORM or xAPI package, click Upload. Then, either browse one or more files, or drag and drop the files into the designated area. Note: You can upload up to 50 SCORM or xAPI objects at a time.
- If you want to add a previously uploaded SCORM or xAPI package, select it from the list.
- Click Save.
- On the Add Course Package - SCORM screen, do one or more of the following:
- To add the SCORM or xAPI object to the course, select it and click Add.
- If you want to create a grade item for the SCORM or xAPI object, click Yes. Then, select the type of grade calculation method you want to use. Note: To edit the grade item later, select the item in the grade book.
If you want the SCORM or xAPI package in your course to remain as it was when you uploaded it (to be statically linked), click Display this version even if a new version is added.
- If you want the SCORM or xAPI package in your course to remain updated as new versions are added (to be dynamically linked), click Always display the latest version.
- If you want to update other properties, select the SCORM or xAPI object then select Properties. Then, you can change the title, and add or remove external navigation.
- Click Save.
If you are using the Legacy SCORM solution, SCORM packages must be imported to the Content tool. The import function identifies the content as SCORM, and allows the proper initialization of SCORM LMS calls.
Note: The Legacy SCORM solution does not support xAPI objects.
- From Edit Course, click Import/Export/Copy components > Import Components.
- Select from a course package.
- Click Start.
- Drag and drop the SCORM package onto the upload target.
- Click Import All Components.
- Do one of the following:
- To view the SCORM package within Content, click View Content.
- To import another SCORM package, click Import Another Package.