The Quizzes tool enables you to create and manage points-measured assessments. As part of your quantifiable assessment procedures, you can use quizzes to help evaluate users' learning progress and learning outcomes. Create and manage quiz questions from the Question Library or the Quizzes tool, and organize quizzes into categories to make it easier to find assessments with similar or related content. Use the quiz preview option to test the accuracy of content and grading before you release a quiz. In a preview, you can answer the questions, view allowed hints, submit the quiz, auto-grade answers, read feedback, and view report results.
Once you receive completed quizzes from learners, you can view quiz statistics such as grade distribution, grade average, question statistics, and user statistics on the Statistics page.
- You can only access Likert questions through the Surveys tool and Question Library. Likert questions are unavailable for quizzes.
- You can now import Quiz and Question banks created in the IMS QTI 2.1 standard.
Instructors can manage exemptions by launching the Manage Exemptions page from the following locations in the Quizzes tool:
- On the Manage Quizzes page, in the context menu of a quiz
- On the Grade Quiz page as a button at the top of the page
Export the event log of all quiz attempts
You can export an event log of all quiz attempts made by all learners in your course.
- Open the quiz that you want to export the event log for.
- On the Grade Quiz page, click Export Event Logs.
- Enter a name for the file.
- Specify where you want to save the file.
- Click Save.
Reset quiz attempts for learners
- On the navbar, click Quizzes.
- On the Manage Quizzes page, from the context menu of the quiz with attempts you want to reset, click Grade.
- Select the check box for each attempt you want to reset and then click the Reset icon at the top of the list of quiz attempts.
Note: By default, the Grade Quiz page only displays completed quiz attempts. To view quiz attempts in progress, on the Users tab or the Attempts tab, from the Restrict to filter, select either All attempts or Users with attempts in progress.
Prevent cheating in quizzes
To help prevent cheating in quizzes, do the following:
- On the Edit Quiz page, in the Optional Advanced Properties area, select Disable right click.
- On the Edit Quiz page, in the Optional Advanced Properties area, select Disable Instant Messages and alerts.
- Incorporate question pools or random sections into your quizzes to distribute unique sets of questions to users.
- On the Edit Quiz page, in the Quiz Questions area, select Shuffle questions at the quiz level.
- On the section creation page, select Shuffle questions in this section.
View the event log of a single quiz attempt
You can view an event log of a single quiz attempt made by an individual learner.
- In the Quizzes tool, open a quiz.
- From the quiz drop-down menu, select Grade.
- On the Grade Quiz page, in the user list, click attempt 1.