Associate learning outcomes with a quiz
When you are setting up a quiz, ensure that you select the Submission View setting if you want learners to see their outcomes.
- In a quiz, click Submission Views.
- If a default view does not exist that shows the questions to users, click Add Additional View.
- Complete the fields on the Add View page, ensuring that you click to select Show Outcomes.
- Click Save.
- Click Save and Close.
Align learning outcomes to quiz questions
When you align a question to a learning outcome, the learning outcomes is aligned to all uses of that question within quizzes in the same course offering. It is possible to bulk align to all questions within a question pool or section. In addition, you can align learning outcomes to question pools. If you align a question pool to an outcome, all questions in that pool are aligned in all incidences of the question inside and outside the question pool.
- From the course navbar or Course Admin > Assessment, click Quizzes.
- Click a quiz that already contains quiz questions.
- Click Add/Edit Questions.
- Search for or browse to find one or more questions or question pools to be aligned with standards, then click More Actions.
Note: The More Actions button does not appear until you have selected a question.
- Click Align to Standards.
Select the check boxes for the learning outcomes you want to directly align to the quiz questions and click Add. The associated standards now appear under each of the selected questions.
- Clear the check boxes for the previously selected quiz questions and repeat the process to align any additional quiz questions to appropriate standards.
- When you have completed aligning questions to standards, click Back to Settings for <selected> quiz.
When a question in a quiz has a learning outcome aligned to it, an outcome tag appears next to the question in the Quiz Builder View and the Question Pool Editor. The Question Pool view also shows the cumulative list of all outcomes aligned to questions within the pool.