Create custom link groups
Custom link groups are individual links grouped together into sets of links. You can create custom link groups and use effective link group names to suggest relationships or common features each group shares. For example, you could create an Assessments link group that contains links to the Quizzes, Assignments, Surveys, and Self Assessments tools.
When you create a custom link group and add it to a navbar link area, the link group appears as a drop-down menu labeled with the custom link group name.
- On the navbar, click Course Admin.
- Click Navigation & Themes.
- From the tool navigation, click Custom Links > Create Link Group.
- Enter a name for your custom link group.
- Upload or choose an existing icon for your link group.
- Enter a description for your link group.
- Select the Share with child org units check box if applicable.
- In the Links area, do any of the following:
- To add existing links to the group, click Add Existing Link. Select the links you want to add and click Add.
- To add a new link to the group, refer to the Add a new custom link to the navbar topic.
- Click Save.