Manually adjusting achievement scale levels mapped to rubrics
After the achievement scale is mapped to rubric levels in the display, instructors can manually adjust the alignment by dragging the colored circles in the Achievement Levels row of the rubric to identify the desired mapping. Changes can be made to the alignment until a submission is evaluated using the rubric. At that point, rubrics and the mapped achievement scale are locked to the number of current achievement levels.
Note: Achievement marker suggestions appear in the create/edit view of the rubric only in specific situations. For more information, see Setting up rubrics to generate suggestions for standards assessments.
To adjust the achievement scale levels mapped to rubrics:
- Ensure that there is an achievement scale defined at the organization level and a scale is set as the default.
- Ensure that there are learning outcomes created or imported into the course using the Outcomes tool.
- From Course Admin, under Assessment, click Rubrics.
- From the context menu for your selected rubric, click Edit.
Note: There must be at least one standard aligned to at least one rubric criterion row. The rubric selected must not have been previously used to evaluate any learner submitted work.
- If changes are necessary, do one of the following:
- Click the circle that delineates the scale level threshold marker and drag it to a new location.
- Using a keyboard, tab to the circular drag handle to select it, Then, use the left and right arrow keys to move the threshold marker to a new location.
- When you have completed the edits to the rubric, click Close.