Create an agent
To create an agent
- On a course navbar, click Course Admin.
- Click Intelligent Agents.
- On the Agent List page, click New.
- On the New Agent page, enter a name.
- Expand the Edit Description label and enter a description.
- If you want the agent to be active, select the Agent is enabled check box.
- Under Criteria > Role in Classlist, do one of the following:
- If you want the intelligent agent to be applicable to all roles in the Classlist, select the All users visible in the Classlist check box.
- If you want the intelligent agent to be applicable to select roles, select the Users with specific roles check box and select the respective roles.
- If you want your agent to target users' login habits, under Criteria > Login Activity, enter your criteria. Note: Login activity refers to logins at the platform level.
- If you want your agent to target users' course habits, under Criteria > Course Activity, enter your criteria.
- If you want your agent to run when a specific existing condition has been met, under Criteria > Release Conditions, click Attach Existing. Select the check box for any condition you want to attach and click Attach.
- If you want your agent to run when a specific new condition has been met, under Criteria > Release Conditions, click Create and Attach. Select a Condition Type from the drop-down list. Complete any additional Condition Details that appear and click Create.
- Under Actions > Repetition, select how often you want the agent to take action.
- If your role has the Use Agent Enrollment Actions and Perform Unenroll permissions, you can set your agent to perform an enrollment or unenrollment action:
- Under Change User Enrollments, select the Change user enrollments when the criteria are satisfied check box.
- From the Enrollment Action drop-down list, select the action you want your agent to perform and select the course.
If you want to Enroll user in a course, select an available course from the dialogue. Only courses you have permission to enroll in will be shown.
- From the New Role drop-down list, select what role the user will be enrolled with when the agent criteria is satisfied.
- If you want the agent to send an email when the set criteria are satisfied, under Actions > Send an Email, select the Send an email when the criteria are satisfied check box and enter your email details and relevant attachments.
- If you want to schedule how frequently Brightspace Learning Environment evaluates the agent criteria, under Scheduling, select the Use Schedule check box.
Click Update Schedule and set your scheduling details.
Note: Scheduled intelligent agents stop running and are automatically disabled if the course is inactive, past its end date, or deleted. You can still set up a practice run or a manual run of an intelligent agent at any time in a course with a passed end date.
- Click Save and Close.