Create an agent
- On a course navbar, click Course Admin.
- Click Intelligent Agents.
- On the Agent List page, click New.
- On the New Agent page, enter a name.
- If you want to assign a category to the agent, select an option from the Category drop-down menu.
- You can create a new category by clicking the Add Category link to the right of the Category drop-down menu. Enter a name into the Name field, and then click Save.
Enter a description into the Description field, if required.
- If you want the agent to be active, select the Agent is enabled check box.
Figure: The New Agent page, showing the agent details box. This contains Agent Name, Description, Category, and Status.
- To schedule how frequently agent criteria is evaluated, choose a frequency option from the dropdown menu and complete the schedule dates and repetition options as needed.
Note: Intelligent Agents can be scheduled to run before the course start date. Scheduled intelligent agents stop running and are automatically disabled if the course is inactive, past its end date, or deleted. You can still set up a practice run or a manual run of an intelligent agent at any time in a course with a passed end date.
Figure: The Scheduling box with the Frequency drop-down menu expanded.
- Expand Criteria, and under Role in Classlist do one of the following:
- If you want the intelligent agent to be applicable to all roles in the Classlist, select the All users visible in the Classlist check box.
- If you want the intelligent agent to be applicable to select roles, select the Users with specific roles check box and select the respective roles.
- If you want your agent to target users' login habits, under Criteria > Login Activity, enter your criteria.
- Note: Login activity refers to logins at the platform level.
- If you want your agent to target users' course habits, under Criteria > Course Activity, enter your criteria.
To set an intelligent agent based on specific release conditions, do one of the following:
- If you want your agent to run when a specific existing condition has been met, under Criteria > Release Conditions, click Attach Existing. Select the condition you want and click Attach.
- If you want your agent to run when a specific new condition has been met, under Criteria > Release Conditions, click Create and Attach. Select a Condition Type from the drop-down list. Complete any additional Condition Details that appear and click Create.
For example, you can create an agent that acts against users who have been enrolled in a course for a certain number of days, either based on the first or last time they were enrolled into the course.
Note: All criteria selections under Take Action on Activity, which include the criteria Login Activity, Course Activity, and Release Conditions, are optional selections.
Figure: Criteria requirements for Role in Classlist and Take Action on Activity.
- Under Actions > Repetition, select how often you want the agent to take action.
- If your role has the Use Agent Enrollment Actions and Perform Unenroll permissions, you can set your agent to perform an enrollment or unenrollment action:
- Under Change User Enrollments, select the Change user enrollments when the criteria are satisfied check box.
- From the Enrollment Action drop-down list, select the action you want your agent to perform and select the course.
If you want to Enroll user in a course, select an available course from the dialogue. Only courses you have permission to enroll in will be shown.
- From the New Role drop-down list, select what role the user will be enrolled with when the agent criteria is satisfied.
- If you want the agent to send an email when the set criteria are satisfied, expand Actions, and under Send an Email, select the Send an email when the criteria are satisfied check box and enter your email details and relevant attachments.
- Click Save and Close.