D2L recommends that you set up your grade book in Brightspace Learning Environment even if you want to enter grades in a CSV or TXT file. You can then use the Export Grades option to create an appropriately structured file.
- On the navbar, click Grades.
- On the Enter Grades page, click Export.
- In the Export Options area, do the following:
- From the Export Grade Items For drop-down list, select who you want to export grade items for.
- Select the Key Field you want to use to identify users.
- From the Sort By drop-down list, select the sorting order of the fields that appear in the exported file.
- Select the Grade Values and User Details you want to export.
- In the Choose Grades to Export area, select the grade items you want to export.
- Click Export to CSV or Export to Excel. A pop-up window appears. Click on the file link to download it.
Note: If a student is enrolled in multiple groups within a Group Category, or multiple sections within a course, those enrollments are exported as a comma-separated list within a cell.