Create calculated grade items
You can use a calculated grade item to display a user's cumulative achievement across multiple grade items. Unlike the calculated final grade, calculated grade items do not recognize grade category settings of the grade items they evaluate, such as exclusion or distribution options. They cannot belong to a category and they cannot contribute to the calculated final grade. Note that you cannot associate calculated grade items with course objects such as discussions, quizzes, and assignments. Only numeric grade items can be associated with course objects.
- On the navbar, click Grades.
- On the Manage Grades page, from the New button, click Item.
- Click Calculated.
- In the General area, enter your grade item details.
- In the Grading area, do any of the following:
- If you want users' grades to be able to exceed the maximum points specified for the item, select the Can Exceed check box.
- From the Grade Scheme drop-down list, select a grading scheme for your grade item.
- In the Grade Item to Include list, select any grade items you want to include in the calculated grade item.
- Select your calculation method (not available when using a Points grading system).
- To attach a rubric to the grade item, click Add Rubric.
- In the Display Options area, select how you want the Learner View and Managing View for the grade item to appear.
- To associate a learning objective with the grade item, click the Objectives tab, and then Associate Learning Objectives.
- Click Save and Close.