Create a Game Map
- On your course navbar or from Course Admin, click Game Based Learning.
- Click New Game Map, enter a name and description, and click Next.
- Select a background from the available options or upload an image of your own, and then click Next.
- Select from the available brushes, and click on the map background to place items on the map.
- Once all tiles are added, click Next.
- Select from the available objects, and click on the map background to place them on the map.
- Once all objects are added, click Next.
- Locate the Start and Finish nodes on either side of the map.
- Drag and drop the nodes to place them in their desired positions.
- Click Start, then click Edit to edit the activity and add a Name and Description.
- Click Add to add a new activity node.
- Click an activity node’s Edit option to link to an activity (quiz or assignment), select a file, or create a file.
- Drag and drop the Branch from one node to another to create a branching path. This gives learners more than one route through the activities to complete the Game Map.
- Use Delete to remove unwanted nodes or connections between nodes.
- Use Branch to connect the final activities to the Finish node.
- Once you have created all nodes and connections, and linked each node with an activity or file, click Next.
- Any nodes that do not have associated activities, or do not include a name they are listed above the map for the instructor to correct before continuing.
- Preview the Game Map to ensure the nodes and activities are linked properly and click Save.
Note: D2L recommends creating content items, assignments, and quizzes prior to starting the Game Map creation process.