Link a discussion topic to a learning objective
Associate a topic with learning objectives to measure a user's mastery of skills, abilities, and knowledge. You can use a rubric to evaluate a user's success at meeting the learning objective.
You must have learning objectives created before you can link them to discussion topics.
- On the navbar, click Discussions.
- From the context menu of the topic you want to associate with learning objectives, click Edit Topic.
- Click the Standards tab and click Add Standards.
- Select the check boxes for the learning outcomes you want to directly align to the discussion topic and click Add.
- Note: If a rubric with aligned outcomes is attached to the discussion topic, then the standards associated with the rubric appear on this tab. Using the Add button directly aligns learning outcomes to the discussion topic. In the image related to step 3, above, there are already outcomes directly aligned to the discussion, and not related to the rubric.
- Click Close.