Link a discussion assessment to a grade item
When you link a discussion topic’s score to a numeric grade item in your grade book, your users’ scores automatically transfer to the grade book. This enables you to factor the topic score into users’ final grades for the course.
You must publish the score in order for Brightspace Learning Environment to update the grade item in the grade book. This prevents the display of inaccurate grades before you finish assessing users. When you publish the topic score, Brightspace Learning Environment updates the grade item in the grade book, and makes the grade visible to learners in Discussions, Content, and User Progress. Any additional changes you make to a user’s score automatically updates in the grade book. Note that you can only link numeric grade items to discussion topics.
- On the navbar, click Discussions.
- From the context menu of the topic you want to assess, click Assess Topic.
- On the Assess Topic page, do one of the following:
- To publish scores for specific users, select the Draft check box in the Status column beside each user whose score you want to release. Click Save.
- To publish scores for all users, click Publish All Scores. Click Yes.