Create a discussion forum
To create a discussion forum
Use forums to organize your discussion topics into categories. Your course can have multiple forums and topics, but you must create a forum before you can create a topic since all topics belong to forums.
- On the navbar, click Discussions.
- On the Discussions List page, from the New button drop-down menu, click New Forum.
- Enter a title for your new forum.
- Enter a description for your new forum.
- In the Options section, select any of the following check boxes:
- Allow anonymous posts - To enable users to post anonymously.
- A moderator must approve individual posts before they display in the forum - To ensure that posts are approved by a moderator before they display in the forum.
- Users must start a thread before they can read and reply to other threads in each topic - To ensure user participation.
- Display forum descriptions in topics - To provide instructors the option to display a discussion forum description within a discussion topic description.
- In the Availability section, select Visibility options for your forum.
- Select Locking Options for your forum. Locking your forum prevents users from accessing it until it is unlocked.
- Click Save and Close.