Copy or import components into a template
You can import components into a course template from a supported file type, or copy components from a course offering or another template. Copying standard course components from a course offering back into a template ensures that your template is up to date and helps you maintain a consistent approach to the creation of course offerings and consistent course content over time.
- From the Admin Tools menu, click Course Management.
- On the Manage Courses page, in the Templates tab, enter the template name or code in the Search For field and click Search.
- Click on the template name.
- On the navbar, click Course Admin > Import/Export/Copy components.
- Select Import Components or Copy Components from Another Org Unit.
- If you select Import Components, select from a file and click Browse to locate your import file.
- Click Start to begin the wizard. Follow the directions on the page to finish importing or copying components to the template.