Import standards for a course
From the Course Administration Learning Outcomes management page, an option is available to import program outcomes created by administrators at the Organization level. When the instructor selects the program, a list of outcomes for that program appears. If program outcomes have not been created for a course, an instructor can import learning outcomes from the Achievement Standards Network (ASN), or create custom learning outcomes, which enables you to control the wording of outcomes used within your institution.
Note: The language term used to describe learning outcomes depends on the value set for the d2l.Languages.Terminology.LearningOutcomes configuration variable. For example, the Standards link in Course Administration might be labeled Competencies, Expectations, Objectives, or Learning Outcomes.
To import course outcomes
- From within a course, click Course Admin on the navbar.
- Under Assessment, click Standards.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Import from Program. Select a standard from the list. This list will not appear if the list was not previously created for the program.
- Click Import from Achievement Standard Network.
- Click Add Learning Outcome to create a custom learning outcome.
- Click Save.