Navigating in the Lessons interface
In the Lessons interface, the table of contents for the course is represented by a familiar tree structure, allowing you to easily organize and navigate course components (lessons, units, folders, and materials).
Arrow icons display on tiles that contain additional course components, indicating the tiles can be expanded by clicking them.
Hovering over a component displays a tool-tip. This is useful if the complete heading is too long to display in the table of contents.
Each material type displays a unique icon, making it easier to visually distinguish materials.
- Standards displays all content units and the learning standards they align to. The numbers in each column indicate the number of activities in a unit satisfying a standard. For more information, see Locate gaps in standards coverage.
- New Unit adds a new unit to the course. For more information, see Create a new unit.
- Course options provides options to Pace Course, Preview as a Student, and View Reports. Pacing (previously known as scheduling) suggests when to start teaching different course materials in chronologically sequenced content units. For more information, see Set a course timeframe. View Reports takes you to the Content Report for the course. For more information, see Checking course content statistics.
- Availability date and due date information displays in the table of contents next to each course component. The availability date indicates when the component will be visible to students, and the due date indicates when the activity should be completed.
- The visibility toggle and icon indicate the status of units, lessons, and materials: Visible ( icon) or Hidden ( icon). Visibility status is also indicated by icons in the table of contents next to each unit. To change the visibility of a unit, lesson, or material, select the item and then click the visibility toggle at the top of the page.
- Create New and Add Existing display full-screen pages with options for creating new materials, adding a new lesson, or inserting existing materials. For more information, see Create new material.
- (...) Options menu and select Edit for a unit, lesson, or folder, you can update its title, availability and due dates, and description. When you click the (...) Options menu and select Edit for materials, you can update their titles, properties, and dates.
The (...) Options menu also allows you to view standards that align to a unit, lesson, or material; make units, lessons, and materials visible to or hidden from learners; organize materials using move and reorder features; and delete units, lessons, and materials. When you select course material in courses with Activity Feed on their homepage, the option to Post to Course Homepage is also available. Move to lets you move lessons, folders, and materials to a different unit. Reorder lets you organize lessons and materials within a unit. You can also use the drag and drop functionality in the table of contents to perform these actions. The selected tile displays handles indicating you can drag-and-drop the tile to rearrange it in the table of contents.