Create new material
To create new material
- From a course with Lessons enabled, on the navbar, click Content.
- Drag and drop locally saved files to the unit, lesson, or folder you want to add the material to directly in the navigation area.
From the table of contents, select the unit, lesson, or folder you are adding material to.
- Click Create New.
- Choose one of the available options:
- HTML Document > enter a title and use the HTML editor to create your new content item > use the visibility toggle to make the HTML document visible or hidden from learners on creation > click Save.
- WebLink > enter the link URL and a display name > choose Embed on the page, or Open in a new tab > use the visibility toggle to make the lesson visible or hidden from learners on creation > click Save.
- Assignment > select an existing assignment and click Create.
- Discussion > select an existing discussion and click Create.
- Quiz > select an existing quiz and click Create.
- External Tool Activity > select from the tool providers that are in use by your institution. Each CIM has an individual tile on the Add Materials page.
- SCORM Object > select a SCORM course package to import into the Lessons tool.
- LOR > search or browse for a learning object from Brightspace Learning Repository (LOR). A learning object can be a quiz, presentation, image, video, or any other kind of document or file you use to create course content and learning materials for online learning.
- More Activities > select an activity, for example, Assignments or Discussions.
- Drag and drop a file onto the dialog box or click BROWSE to select a file from your computer.
Tip: To clearly indicate where you are adding material to, the top of the page displays breadcrumbs. This also allows you to easily navigate up or down the tree to add material at different levels.