Change your chat settings
- On the navbar, click Chat.
- Do one of the following:
- On the Chat List page, click Settings.
- Inside a chat, click Settings.
- In the Alias field, enter a new alias. Depending on your permissions, you can change your alias, or chat name, if you want to appear as a different name, such as a nickname, to other chat participants.
- Select the check boxes for Bold or Italics.
- Set an Alias Color.
- If you want to change the message order, select New to Old or Old to New. If you want to see new messages only, select New Messages. This requires you to manually refresh the screen, to see new messages and remove all old ones. You can change back to see all messages, which restores all messages for that session, even if they were not visible while New Messages was selected.
- You can change your sound settings so you can hear a sound when someone enters the chat, leaves the chat, or when there is an incoming message. Select a sound from the following drop-down lists:
- Incoming Message Sound
- Person Enters Chat Sound
- Person Leaves Chat Sound
- Click Save.
Note: If you use a preferred name and do not have permission to manage your own Chat Alias, your preferred name is still reflected in the Chat tool.