Create an assignment
To create an assignment
- On the navbar, click Assignments.
- On the Assignments page, click New Assignment.
- Enter a Name, Instructions, and add any Attachments.
- Select an Assignment Type, Individual assignment or Group assignment. Group assignment enables you to have one submission per group, but you must associate the assignment with a Group Category. Any group member can submit and view files for a group assignment.
- Select a Submission type.
- For File submissions, set the number of Files Allowed Per Submission and the Submissions rules.
- For Text submissions, set the Submission rules.
- For On paper submissions, set Marked as completed to one of the available options, Manually by learners, Automatically on evaluation, or Automatically on due date.
- For Observed in person assignments, set Marked as completed to one of the available options, Manually by learners, Automatically on evaluation, or Automatically on due date.
- Do any of the following:
- To receive an email message when a new submission is uploaded to this assignment, in the Notification Email field, enter your email address, or a comma-separated list of email addresses.
- To associate the assignment with a category, select a Category or click New Category.
- To assign a score, in the Score Out Of field enter a value. If there's also an associated grade item, maintain consistency by matching the value of the Out Of field to the grade item's Max. Points value.
- To associate the assignment with a grade item in your grade book, select a Grade Item, or click New Grade Item. Note that only numeric grade items can be associated with assignments.
- To change the display settings for the assignment's grade item, click the Student View Preview context menu, then Edit Display Settings.
- To associate a rubric to the assignment, click Add Rubric, or Create Rubric in New Window.
- Click Save.