Assess assignments with grade schemes
You can associate a select box grade item to an assignment, allowing you to evaluate assignment submissions directly with a grade scheme, rather than inputting a numeric value directly.
To assess assignments with grade schemes in the assignment creation experience
- Navigate to Assignments.
- On the Assignments page, click New Assignment.
- Enter a Name for the assignment and any Instructions.
- Under Grade Out Of, click Ungraded to enter the points for the assignment.
- Click In Gradebook, and then select Edit or Link to Existing.
- From the Edit or Link to Existing dialog, the following options may display under Create and link to a new grade item:
- If the Grades tool has available grade categories, the Choose Grade Category option displays. Clicking this button displays available grade categories for association.
- If the Grades tool has multiple grades schemes, the Change Grade Type & Scheme option displays. Clicking this button displays available grade types and schemes for association.
- Click OK, and then Save.