Add special access to an assignment
Special access permissions allow you to set different availability dates and times for specific users. For example, you could extend the deadline for users who require remedial help or who are submitting work beyond the original scope of the assignment. You can also add special access after an assignment’s end date has passed for users who have a legitimate excuse for missing the deadline or for users you want to submit additional material, such as planning notes or a bibliography.
- On the navbar, click Assignments.
- On the Assignments page, from the context menu of the assignment you want to add special access to, click Edit Assignment.
- In the Restrictions tab, in the Special Access area, select one of the following options:
- Allow users with special access to submit files outside the normal availability dates for this folder
- Allow only users with special access to see this folder
- Click Add Users to Special Access.
- On the Special Access page, do the following:
- In the Properties area, set the Date Availability for when you want the users to have special access to the assignment.
- In the Users area, select the users you want to give special access to.
- Click Save.
- Click Save and Close.