About Turnitin-enabled assignments
Creating or editing Turnitin-enabled assignments
Consider the following when creating or editing your Turnitin-enabled assignment:
- When creating a new assignment, the name of the folder in Turnitin truncates after 99 characters, even though the Name field accepts 128 characters.
- When you copy course components from one course to another, confirm that all settings are configured for the Turnitin-enabled assignments in the new course.
- If you want learners to see instructions on the Submit Files page, you must enter them into the Instructions rich text field in the Properties tab. These instructions are automatically transferred into Turnitin. Any instructions you enter in the Properties tab overwrite instructions entered into Turnitin.
- If GradeMark is activated for your org unit, in the Turnitin tab, the GradeMark Available to Learners date defaults to the current date and time, plus 7 days. In the Restrictions tab, if you select Has End Date, the GradeMark Available to Learners date automatically sets to the end date, plus 1 day. You can change either of these dates if needed.
- If you want to automatically transfer scores as draft to Brightspace Learning Environment, on the Turnitin Integration page, select the Automatically sync grades as Draft in Brightspace radio button or select the Manually sync grades as Draft in Brightspace radio button to make it a manual step.
- If you want learners to see the Originality Score link to Turnitin:
- Your administrator must map their role to the Learner IMS role.
- In the Properties tab, ensure Allow learners to see Turnitin similarity scores in their assignment submissions folder is selected. This option is selected by default.
- In Turnitin, under Optional Settings, ensure Allow learners to view Originality Reports? is set to Yes. This option is set to Yes by default.
- In the Properties tab, if you select Allow learners to see Turnitin similarity scores in their assignment, the equivalent option in Turnitin called Allow learners to view Originality Reports? is automatically set to Yes.
- In Turnitin, under Optional Settings, Allow late submissions? defaults to Yes. This means you don't need to change end dates to allow learners to submit late assignments.