Set up a link to a tool provider
To set up a link to a tool provider
- From the Admin Tools menu, click External Learning Tools.
- In the Manage External Learning Tool Links tab, click New Link.
- In the Title field, enter a title for the tool provider that will appear in the Quicklinks tool.
- In the URL field, enter the complete URL supplied by the tool provider that users will follow if they click the Quicklink.
- In the Description field, you can enter a description.
- Check the Allow users to view this link check box so that the link appears as a Quicklink option to users at your organization.
- Indicate whether the link should use the standard key/secret defined for the tool provider or a separate key/secret for the link. If you are using a separate option for the link, enter the key and secret in the appropriate fields.
- Add any custom parameters required by the tool provider by entering a name and the associated value in the available fields.
- To manage security settings at the link level, select the Use link security settings default, and select the tool consumer, context, and user information required by the tool provider.
- To use the security settings you set at the tool provider level, select the Use tool provider security settings default.
- With Use tool provider security settings enabled, you do not need to manage security settings for each individual link. This is useful when importing multiple LTI links from a common cartridge package. When you import LTI links, they automatically default to the Use tool provider security settings option. To override this setting, select the Use link security settings default.
- Click Save.
- From the drop-down list beside the newly created link, select Preview link to launch the link with the current user and context information.
- From the same drop-down list, select Preview Request Details to inspect the information that is sent to the tool provider for troubleshooting.