Create an Announcements item
To create an Announcements item
- From the Announcements widget menu, click New Announcements Item.
- Enter a headline and content for your Announcements item.
- To display author information (name and timestamp) in announcements you create or edit, select the Show Author Information check box.
Note: This option only appears if your administrator granted you the appropriate permission.
- If you want to hide your headline's date and time, clear the Always show start date check box. By default, an Announcements item start date and time appears below the headline when displayed in the Announcements widget.
- In the Start Date and End Date fields, select the posting availability date. Announcements items publish immediately, unless you specify an alternate start date from Start Date.
Note: Post-dated Announcements items do not display in the Announcements widget even if users have permission to see future Announcements items. They can be found within the list of Announcements items on the Announcements page.
- You can remove an Announcements item on a specific date by selecting the Remove Announcements item based on end date check box. You and administrators can still see the Announcements item after its end date, but it does not appear in the Announcements widget.
- In the Attachments section, add attachments, audio recordings, and video recordings as part of your Announcements item.
- To include additional release conditions, click Attach Existing or Create and Attach.
- To continue editing the Announcements item, click Save as Draft. Students cannot see draft Announcements items. To release Announcements item to users, click Publish.