IPSIS OneRoster 1.1 REST for Blackbaud
The Integration Pack for Student Information System (IPSIS) platform
The Integration Pack for Student Information Systems (IPSIS) platform is an integration platform in Brightspace that consists of common components and a collection of products that allow you to import information from your organization's information system to Brightspace, for example, your organization structure, users, and enrollment information. Once that information is imported into Brightspace, you can continue to update your information system and import that information to Brightspace using the IPSIS platform.
Supported information systems
The IPSIS platform integrates with the following common types of information systems:
- Student Information Systems (SIS) - A software tool used by educational organizations to manage students, courses, and enrollments.
- Human Resource Systems (HRIS) - A software tool used by corporate organizations to manage employees and their data.
- Learner Information Systems (LIS) - A software tool used by educational organizations to manage the registration of student enrollments.
Components and products in the IPSIS platform
Under the IPSIS platform, there are common components and several products with unique features to integrate your specific information system with Brightspace. The collection of components and products are:
- D2L Standard CSV – Used for integrating with SIS/HRIS systems by using D2L-defined Comma-Separated Value (CSV) files.
- Ellucian ILP – Used for integrating with Banner or Colleague systems, based on LIS specifications.
- OneRoster CSV or OneRoster REST – Used for integrating with K-12 information systems that support the IMS Global Learning Consortium’s OneRoster specification.
- LIS v2.0 Adapter - Used for integrating with information systems that support the IMS Global Learning Consortium's LIS specification.
- Section Association Interface (UI) - An interface in Brightspace used to manually manipulate relationships between enrollable courses or sections in an SIS and course offerings in Brightspace Learning Environment.
- IPSIS Administration Interface (Admin UI) - An administration interface in Brightspace used for configuring and reviewing the status of SIS integrations with Brightspace.