Register an external learning tool for LTI Advantage
Note: To register a tool, ensure the Manage LTI Advantage Tool Registrations and Manage LTI Advantage Tool Deployments permissions are set at the organization level.
- From the Admin Tools menu, click Manage Extensibility.
- In the LTI Advantage tab, click Register Tool.
- Complete the following fields:
- Redirect URLs
- OpenID Connect Login URL
- Keyset URL
- Under Roles, choose to send IMS role data for the Institution and Context roles or only the Context role. If the Send Institution Role checkbox is checked, Context and Institution roles are included in the role mapping from the IMS configuration when the tool is launched. The user's Context Role is also included, unless the security setting at the Deployment is set to Anonymous. If the Send Institution Role checkbox is unchecked, only Context roles are included.
- Substitution Parameters: Users can select from a pre-defined list of parameters that is dynamically substituted with a value from the LMS at the time of launch. Brightspace currently supports the following parameters:
- Customer Parameters: In instances where tools need to define both the name and value of a custom parameter, they can be defined here. These parameters are not dynamically replaced, and are constrained to sending a static value for each launch.
Note: Substitution and Custom parameters created at the Registration level cascade to the Deployment and Link level.
- Click Register.