Create an external learning tool link to Brightspace App Finder
Before you begin: Email email@example.com to request your Brightspace App Finder key and secret and the Brightspace App Finder logo image file.
You need the appropriate External Learning Tools permissions to complete this task.
- From the Admin Tools menu, click External Learning Tools.
- Click Manage External Learning Tools Links > New Link. Create a new link using the following values:
- In the Title field, enter Brightspace App Finder.
- In the URL field, enter https://appfinder.brightspace.com/sso-lti.
- Select the Allow users to view this link check box so that the link appears as a Quicklink option to users at your organization.
- Select Link key/secret.
- In the Key field, enter the key for Brightspace App Finder that you received from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the Secret field, enter the secret for Brightspace App Finder that you received from email@example.com.
You can set a custom parameter to determine where users land when they launch App Finder. Under Custom Parameters set the quantity to 1 and click Add custom parameters. Enter a name of default_view and set the value to match your organizations needs:
- For the default view in Brightspace App Finder to be the My Apps page, set the value to my-apps=1.
- If you want users to land on the K12 specific landing page, set the value to K12.
- If you want users to land on the Higher Ed specific landing page, set the value to HE.
- If you want users to land on the Corporate specific landing page, set the value to Corporate.
- To manage security settings at the tool provider level rather than for each individual link, under Security Settings, select Send tool consumer information to tool provider and Send user ID to tool provider.
- In the Make link available to: section, select the organization units that you want the plugin to be available to. If your organization unit is not listed, click Add Org Units, select the org units you want, then click Insert.
- Click Save.