Create a live event
Before viewers can watch a live webcast from Brightspace Capture Portal or Brightspace Learning Environment, you must create and schedule the live event. After you create a live event, its information and access link appear on Brightspace Capture Portal's calendar page and in the Live Event Schedule widget on the Brightspace Capture Portal homepage. If your course uses the Capture widget, viewers can access a direct link to the live event by clicking the Course Videos link in the widget. If you embed a live event in Brightspace Learning Environment, the event pauses in the Brightspace Capture viewer until the presenter begins the live webcast session. The Brightspace Capture viewer automatically loads the live webcast after the presentation begins.
- In Brightspace Capture Portal or Brightspace Capture Central, on the Manage Live Events page, click Create Live Event.
- Enter a title for your live event.
- Enter the name of the presenters and a description of the event.
- Add any tags that you want. After you add a tag, press Enter or comma ( , ) to add the tag.
- In the Start/End Times fields, enter the start and end times.
If you want to create an event that spans multiple days, select the Show end date check box to modify your event end date.
- In the Layout Settings section, select a presentation layout.
- In the Access Control section, do any of the following:
- To create a password for viewers of an event, select the Event Password Required check box. Enter a password in the text field. Password-protected live events require the same password to access the presentation after it is published.
- To turn off a live event's chat room, select the Chat Disabled check box.
- To limit the number of viewers allowed in an event, select the Viewer Limit check box. In the text field, enter the maximum number of viewers. If the viewer limit is above 750, the waiting area is turned off.
Note: Brightspace Capture is not recommended for more than 5000 viewers in a live event.
- To find a user, group, or role that you want to add to the permissions list, in the Permissions area, enter your search criteria in the search field. You can set the following permissions from the drop-down list:
- Can View - Can view presentation only.
- Can View and Manage - Can view, manage, and edit presentation. Can embed presentation into Brightspace Learning Environment course content.
- Click Create.